In this article you will learn how to completely remove Avast Antivirus from your Windows and Mac system. Detailed instructions are described below.
How to remove Avast Antivirus completely
To fully protect your operating system, antivirus is a must. However, there are times when you want to change your protection to another or reinstall an existing system, and the uninstallation process itself can bring a lot of unnecessary worry. Some anti-virus programs are known to be integrated and leave some remnants behind.
Below we will look at how to uninstall avast mac and windows since Avast is just the kind of antivirus that is difficult to remove. But luckily, Avast has made this process as easy as possible and has provided us with effective tools.
Uninstalling Avast on Windows
To remove Avast from your Windows, you can try several ways. The first is through programs and components:
- Go to the Control Panel and hold down the Windows key and press the R key to open the “Run” window
- In the line enter the word “control” and confirm the action
- Then switch the control panel view to small icons
- Open Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs, depending on which version of Windows you have installed
- In the list of installed programs find Avast Free Antivirus and uninstall it
- After that go to Avast configuration and uninstall it as well
- Restart your computer after uninstalling Avast Free Antivirus
Removal with the Avastclear removal utility
To do this, go to the official Avast website and download the file avastclear.exe. After downloading, run the program, during the loading, you may see a window selecting the operating system.
Select Avast Clear Unistall. After that, you can freely run the Avast uninstaller and when the program scans your computer and finds Avast folders, just delete them.
How to uninstall Avast on Mac OS
Before you start deleting, don’t forget to exit the application, otherwise the system may inform you about an error or incomplete deletion will take place. After that, perform the following steps:
- Open the Finder and move to the Applications folder from the left side pane.
- Choose the Avast Mac Security icon and drop it to the trash with your mouse.
- When prompted, type your account password to make this modification
The drag-to-delete method is a working scheme for almost all Mac versions. You can also send an application to the trash in another way:
- Right-click on the program and select “Move to Trash”
- Find the App and go to “File” and then hit “Move to Trash”
Uninstalling with an installation file
Another removal option is as follows: storing the Avast software package in you can run the built-in uninstaller to remove it:
- Run the Avast Mac Security installation file (.dmg) in the Finder
- Open the Avast Uninstall application, press Open in the pop-up message dialog and uninstall the application
- When requested, input your account password to make this modification